• Called the "Tonner" because of it's one ton carrying capacity.
• Larger 17 inch split rim wheels and the 100 Horsepower V-8 engine.\Spending most of it's working life in Hope BC helping build the Fraser Canyon highway in the 1950's and the 1960's from Hope to Cache Creek.
• Bought by a family in hope in the 70's and a father and son restored it.
• Hard to find 17" tires were bought from Dairyland as they were the same as used on the Milk trucks.
• Debuting in 1942 was an all new design for ford pickups and for pickups in general.
• Most trucks of the era looked liked modified car front ends.
• The new trucks had stronger frames and modern suspension in favour of Henry Ford's archaic transverse-spring suspension.
• In 1946, sedan deliveries, half- and one-ton panel trucks were available and in 1947 they all got a minor facelift.
• In 1947, Ford sold 247,832 Trucks which comprised 20 % of the total domestic truck production.
• Three engines were offered: a 90 Hp 6 cylinder, 95 Hp 6 cylinder and a 100 hp V-8.
• optional equipment: heavy duty battery, heavy duty generator, oil bath air cleaner, AM radio, right hand windshield wiper, heater/defroster, duck-covered seats, sliding rear window, rear shocks and a right hand taillight.
• The truck line starts with a 1/2 ton model and also has 1 ton, 1.5 ton, 1.5 ton cab over engine, Commercial truck and School Bus.
• As of 1945 available versions include 6.5 foot Sedan Delivery, 6.5 foot Pickup, 7.5 foot panel, 6.5 foot Platform/Stake, 8 Foot Express, 9 foot Panel and a 7.6 foot Platform/Stake.
Called the "Tonner" because of it's one ton carrying capacity. Note the tear drop rear fenders, longer truck bed and the 17 inch split rim wheels It also had the rear sliding window and the 100 Horsepower V-8 engine offered by Ford at the time.
The Truck was stored in a shed in Hope. Bob Rorison found it, purchased it from the family and brought it to the Lower Mainland Bob rebuilt the seat and cleaned up the interior and engine compartment. Bob donated it to the BC Vintage Truck Museum in 2016.