"FARGO" was the trade name given to DODGE Trucks sold in Canada and other foreign markets. Purchased new by Bob King for Sea-Van Motor Freight in 1946, this FARGO hauled freight between Vancouver and Seattle until 1953 when it was put into storage at the West Pender warehouse. The tractor remained in storage until 1974, when it was donated as part of the King Collection. Restoration work was carried out between 1974 and 1976 by Provincial Museum staff. The FARGO has a 5 speed transmission and 2 speed drive axle.
In tow is a single drop low-bed Model SS11 Columbia trailer built in 1947 at the Columbia Trailer factory at Howe Street in Vancouver. The trailer, with front bulkhead and woodplank decking, was one of 12 units King purchased at one time. Five were put directly into storage and never used. The Historic Transportation Center often uses this practical team to transport vehicles to shows, parades and other exhibits