BC Vintage Truck Museum, Cloverdale, Surrey BC Canada
1935 CHEVROLET QD
(Donated to the Museum by Dr. Peter Heinrich)
This 1 ½ ton flat deck Chevy truck was purchase in 1935 by David Heinrich Sr. from Brett's Chevrolet in Chilliwack.
The truck replaced horse and wagon, hauling hay from his field in Sumas Prairie to his dairy farm in Yarrow.
The truck was always sheltered, usually in the barn.
In 1968 he sold it to Hank Martens who, in turn, sold it in 1970 to Vedder Transport.
He gave Vedder the original license plates, bill-of-sale, and yearly registration papers.
Vedder Transport restored the truck, having it painted in its original colours.
In the mid 1970's Dr. Pete Heinrich bought back his Dad's truck.
Dr. Heinrich drove the truck in the Yarrows Days Parade every year and was awarded numerous ribbons.
26 HP 6 cyl. Gasoline 4 Speed transmission 157 "Wheelbase
©2018 BC Vintage Truck Museum
Thank-you to the following sponsors to date; City of Surrey, Cobra Electric, Lark Construction, Jim Winter Collectible Car Appraisals
Zappone Trucking LTD., Tom Devlin Realtor, Ken Johnson Trucking LTD., Super Save Group, Willowbrook Chrysler, F & G Delivery LTD.
CBS Parts Ltd., John Aldag MP Cloverdale Langley
The BC Vintage Truck Museum is operated by the Surrey Heritage Society.